firstname.lastname@example.org | references available upon request
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT CHICAGO | CUMULATIVE GPA: 4.0
MAJOR: GERMANIC STUDIES MAJOR GPA: 4.0
MAJOR: POLITICAL SCIENCE MAJOR GPA: 4.0
• Dean’s List | Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017
• Delta Phi Alpha (National German Honor Society) | Inducted April 2016
• Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society | Inducted April 2016
• National Society of Collegiate Scholars | Inducted February 2016
• Golden Key Honors Society | Inducted February 2016
• German Students Association (German Club): President, Fall 2016-Present
• Association of Computer Science, UIC chapter: Marketing Director, Fall 2017.
NILES NORTH HIGH SCHOOL | SKOKIE, ILLINOIS
AUGUST 2011-MAY 2015
Coursework included AP German, AP European History, AP Computer Science, and AP Great American Authors.
Academic Awards included the Niles North Department Award for German, induction into the National German Honors Society, and the University of Iowa Scholastic Art Gold Key Award for Photography in 2015.
Extracurricular activities included President of German Club, 2011-2015; German Tutor, 2014-2015; and North Star News, 2011-2015, Features and Advertising Manager, 2014-2015.
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT CHICAGO | CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
• Assist Professor Katharine Floros with political science research on interstate conflicts
• Assist with the collection and verification of data
• Gather relevant information efficiently and accurately
• Compile the gathered information into case studies containing all necessary data points
• Use existing knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Make recommendations for project improvement
• Sift through academic and primary sources for relevant information on the individual cases
• Research multiple cases simultaneously
• Complete 5-12 cases per week
• 18-22 hours per week in academic year; 30+ hours per week during Summer 2017
MARKETING ASSOCIATE: GRAPHIC DESIGN
LINCOLNWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT | LINCOLNWOOD, ILLINOIS
Tasked with the creation of various marketing materials and promotions for Library programs and events through Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Lead designer of the Summer Reading 2017 Read by Design program and bi-monthly newsletters.
MARIANO’S FRESH MARKET NORTHFIELD, ILLINOIS
MARCH 2014-SEPTEMBER 2016
SPECIALTY CHEESE DEPARTMENT ASSOCIATE | AUGUST 2015-SEPTEMBER 2016
Served specialty cheese customers, created department displays and signage, unloaded shipments, and placed orders. Part-Time, 18-20 hours per week in academic year; 30 hours, Summer 2016.
FRONT END LEVEL 1 (CASHIER) & GENERAL TEAM MEMBER
MARCH 2014-AUGUST 2015
Learned how to provide exceptional customer service to all types of customers.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Strong work ethic, time management, and organizational skills.
German Skills: Approaching fluency in oral and written German language. Entered UIC with 3 German credits (12 hours) from AP German and UIC Placement test results. Experienced in tutoring different levels of German language learners.
Technical Skills: Proficient to expert knowledge of WordPress, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, HTML, CSS, and Java. Experienced in business use of social media platforms and applications such as Buffer, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.